Slope Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice explains how information about you, that directly identifies you, or that makes you identifiable (“personal information”) is collected, used and disclosed by Slope Inc., (“Slope,” “we”, “our” or “us”) in connection with our website at www.slope.so (the “Site”) and our services offered in connection with the Site (collectively with the Site, the “Service”).
From time to time, we may also provide you with additional privacy notices or disclosures – often referred to as “just in time” disclosures – where the scope of the inquiry, request, or personal information we require falls outside the scope of this Privacy Notice. These just-in-time disclosures may supplement or clarify our privacy practices or may provide you with additional choices about how we process your data. Please note that this Privacy Notice does not cover or apply to our processing of information about our employees or contractors.
Information That You Provide
We collect personal information from you. The categories of information we collect can include:
- Communications. If you communicate with us through any paper or electronic form, we may collect your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or any other personal information you choose to provide to us. We use this information to investigate and respond to your inquiries, and to communicate with you, to enhance the services we offer to our users and to manage and grow our organization.
- Marketing Emails. If you sign up to receive news or alerts from us, we collect your email and applicable interests and communication preferences in order to send you regular updates about the Service. We use this information to manage our communications with you and send you information about products and services we think may be of interest to you. To unsubscribe from promotional messages, please follow the instructions within our messages and review the Control Over Your Information section below.
Information from Third Party Sources
We may receive personal information about you from our business partners and service providers and combine this information with other data we collect from you. The third parties may include website and service operators, payment processors, marketing partners, and shipping providers. The information may include contact information, demographic information, and information about your purchases. We use this information to administer and facilitate our services, your purchases and our marketing activities.
- Installment Loan Application Information. When you make a purchase with one of our authorized merchants (B2B platform) using the Slope check out payment option, we receive certain personal and commercial information about you from the merchant, including your name, social media URLs, past commercial history, Tax ID/PIN, email address and phone number, in addition to information about your purchase. We use this information to provide our Service, mainly to confirm loan qualification and tailor our installment plans to you. We may also use this information to manage your account and remind you of upcoming payments.
- Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information from other sources, including through third-party information providers, customers, or through transactions such as mergers and acquisitions. We may combine this information with other information we collect from or about you. In these cases, our Privacy Notice governs the handling of the combined personal information. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages about products and services that may be of interest to you.
Other Uses of Personal Information
In addition to the uses described above, we may collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- For our business activities, including to operate the Service and to provide you with the features and functionality of the Service;
- To communicate with you and respond to your requests, such as to respond to your questions, contact you about changes to the Service, and communicate about account related matters;
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as to market to you or offer you with information and updates on our products or services we think that you may be interested in;
- For analytics and research purposes;
- To enforce our Terms of Service, to resolve disputes, to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights, and to protect our business interests and the interests and rights of third parties;
- To comply with contractual and legal obligations and requirements;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide personal information; and
- For any other lawful purpose, or other purpose that you consent to.
- Modifying or Deleting Your Information. If you have questions about reviewing, changing, or deleting your information, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances.
- Emails and Notifications. You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided in such communications. You may not opt-out of Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, order confirmation, changes or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). You may also unsubscribe from receiving SMS text messages by replying “STOP” to the number sending the message. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests.
We may share, or we may permit third-party online advertising networks, social media companies, and other third-party services, to collect information about your use of our Site over time so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests on other websites or apps, or on other devices you may use. Typically, though not always, the information we share is provided through cookies or similar tracking technologies, which recognize the device you are using and collect information, including hashed data, click stream information, browser type, time and date you visited the site, and other information. This information is used to display targeted ads on or through our services or on other websites, apps, or services. We or the online advertising networks use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests. We may also display targeted advertising to you through social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google and others. These companies have interest-based advertising programs that allow us to direct advertisements to users who have shown interest in our services or our clients’ services while those users are on the social media platform, or to groups of other users who share similar traits, such as likely commercial interests and demographics. These advertisements are governed by the privacy policies of those social media companies that provide them.
Google Analytics and Advertising. We may also utilize certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features through Google Analytics, such as Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting . These features enable us to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick advertising cookie) or other third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and display ads based on your past visits to our services. You may control your advertising preferences or opt-out of certain Google advertising products by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at https://google.com/ads/preferences, or by vising NAI’s online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies Opt-Out. As noted above, depending on your browser or mobile device, you may be able to set your browser to delete or notify you of cookies and other tracking technology by actively managing the settings on your browser or mobile device.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using the sites, as some features and services on our sites may not work properly. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. You may also set your e-mail options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our e-mail and performed certain functions with it.
To learn more about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) resources and/or the Network Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) online resources, at www.aboutads.info/choices or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ and you can opt-out of receiving some interest-based advertisements on mobile apps by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings menu on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt-out of interest-based ads” (Android).
For your convenience, our Site may provide links to third-party websites or services that we do not own or operate. We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from the services, including the information or content contained within them. Your browsing and interaction on any other website or service are subject to the applicable third party’s rules and policies, not ours. If you are using a third-party website or service, you do so at your own risk. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any site or service before providing any personal information.
Our services are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that any personal information has been collected inadvertently from a child under 13, we will delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have collected information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Nevada: Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes permits a Nevada resident to opt out of future sales of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect about the resident. To submit such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Notice from time to time in our sole discretion. We will notify you about material changes in the way we treat personal data by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Slope account and/or by placing a prominent notice on our Site. It is your responsibility to review this Privacy Notice periodically. When we do change the Privacy Notice, we will also revise the “last modified” date.
For additional inquiries about this Privacy Notice, please send us an email at email@example.com or contact us at:
Slope Tech, Inc.
San Francisco, CA 94107
This Privacy Notice was last modified on February 8th, 2022.